Monday, March 2, 2009

Walking Tall

First stop this morning was the Sheriff Buford Pusser museum in Adamsville, McNairy County, Tennessee. The museum is located in Pusser's home and contains many interesting items that belonged to him and his family. The most amazing thing though is how the residents of the community still revere him thirty five years after his death. We both have the same birthday, but he was seventeen years older than me.

Went by his grave site and the location of his accident on Highway 64 where the locals claim that he hit an embankment at about 130 miles per hour in his new Corvette.

I bought me a "Walking Tall Stick" and thought that I might have to use it on a couple of stinky hobos that were visiting the museum at the same time. They had walked from Colorado and it sure smelled like they had not had a bath since leaving the mountains, I don't know how in the world they could tolerate each other, it was bad.

Got into Memphis in time to have the coach washed, it needed it after the heavy rain and snow of the past week.

Hotel gave me an upgrade to a whirlpool suite and I'm about to get a little wet and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment